It is a subtle preparation, resulting from the infusion of delicately picked flowers in the sun. This solar infusion is then filtered, diluted and energized several times.
The objective of this process is to collect the "vibratory message" of the plant, the one that will resonate with our emotions, our inner well-being.
IF USUALLY ELIXIRS ARE TAKEN INTERNAL, WHY INTEGRATE THEM IN A COSMETIC?
First of all, Dr Bach himself had made several trials, showing great promise, but had not had time to experiment with this concept further.
Then, starting from the principle that our skin is the mirror of our emotions, we could only seek to develop a harmonizing cosmetic, based on floral elixirs.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BALM AND A CREAM?
Most creams contain up to 80% water, which is what makes their texture light, even fluid. To make a cream, you basically need a fatty substance, water and an emulsifier (so that the cream will hold).
Water ... it's not expensive, but it facilitates the development of microorganisms (and it is unnecessary for the skin). Hence the multiple preservatives in a cream.
A balm is the concentrate of a cream, it does indeed contain little or no water. Only the oils and active ingredients are worked pure (not diluted with water), with organic beeswax.
The balm is a pure and concentrated formula, requiring no preservatives. It's a botanical paste serum.
I FIND THE TEXTURE RICH, I AM AFRAID OF GETTING A OILY FILM ON THE SKIN ...
The balm being a concentrate, we take a tiny amount, and at this right dose, the skin breathes and does not shine.
Several solutions to choose from:
-For the face, we can dilute the balm, to transform it into a cream in a fraction of a second. You put a balm confetti in your hand, a squirt of floral water (rose, orange blossom, etc. depending on your taste), you heat everything in your hands ... Magic: it has become a cream to spread as usual on the face.
-For the face always, the solution that I prefer, for those and those already fan of the balm. You take a balm confetti, you heat it in your hands, and you perform a divine facial massage ...
Pleasant ritual because it relaxes, detoxes and looks beautiful ... To be adopted daily.
- start with the neck, passing the entire surface of the hand from left to right and from right to left
- the chin: one hand after the other, include the chin in a semi-circle
- the mouth: go around the mouth delicately with your fingertips
- cheeks: smooth with the flat of the hand from bottom to top
- the eyes: gently brush the eyelids with your fingertips, from the corner of the eye outwards. Then with the tips of the fingers, make the outline of the eye by tapping.
- the eyebrows: from the inside to the outside, gently pinch the eyebrow, and smooth it
- temples: make small circles with your fingertips
- the forehead: with both hands at the same time, smooth with the flat of the hands, from the middle of the forehead to the hairline
-For the body, always a tiny amount, in massage.
-For the body, second option: apply the balm before the shower, and there will always be a light veil and the harmonizing properties of the balm.